We will delight our Customers by providing products and services that meet or exceed their needs by:
- Encouraging communication and teamwork across the Company
- Forecasting and planning to anticipate Customer needs
- Using the right tools, systems and processes
- Measuring performance and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Promoting defect prevention culture
- Complying with the requirements of relevant Australian/International Standards
- Every person at Codan is accountable and responsible for Quality
Codan Limited, as a designer, manufacturer and distributor of a diversified range of high value added electronics products, aspires to a vision of zero harm to the health and safety of all persons in all areas of the business, and the environment during the manufacturing, distribution, use and disposal of our products.
To achieve our vision, we will maintain an effective Work Health, Safety and Environmental Management System that is integral to our business processes.
The system will ensure we:
- Identify, assess and manage risks to employees, contractors, visitors and the environment.
- Conduct our operations in compliance with all relevant legislation and other requirements as a minimum condition.
- Communicate regularly with our workforce (including contractors) about health, safety and environmental issues, improvements and individual responsibilities.
- Include a commitment to continual improvement, and prevention of pollution.
- Include a commitment to comply with applicable legal requirements and with other requirements to which Codan Limited subscribes which relate to our environmental aspects
- Provide the necessary resources to meet our targets.
- Foster the welfare and development of our employees.
- Develop corporate policies, operating procedures, forms and the required training to assist each business unit to develop:
- Safe places of work,
- Safe plant, equipment and systems of work, and
- Safe people at work. The impact of these on the environment shall not be adverse.
- Continually review our performance and reassess our goals.
- Are committed to the prevention of injury and ill health and continual improvement in WHS management and performance.
- Communicate the WHS system to all persons working under control of the company with intent that they are made aware of their individual WHS obligations.
- Make this policy available to any interested party via our website and intranet.
We will be successful when our vision becomes reality and when our performance is recognised by existing and potential employees, and relevant government authorities.
Codan Limited shall review this policy annually to ensure it remains relevant to all stakeholders. It shall be displayed in all workplaces and is available to the public to demonstrate our firm commitment to Work Health, Safety and the Environment.